SUFFRAGIO CHURCH (33)
Built between 1864 and 1912 in neo-renaissance style.
This Church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Designed by architect Benedetto Sancisi, building began in 1864 on the site of the pre-existing church of “Santa Croce” and was funded by the local council.
Presumably, the mayor, Count Ludovico Marini, wanted this church to be built. He also involved the local confraternity “Pio Suffragio” in the project.
The Church has a simple rectangular layout, subdivided into three naves with majestic columns in Corinthian order.
Inside, a chapel honours the fallen soldiers of Santarcangelo.
condividi questa pagina